- Go to Kibuye.
- From Kibuye follow the dirt road south along the lake (75 km)
- When the road gets near the lake go 3 km further south and look for a rock on the right with Kumbya written on it
- Turn right at the sign and drive out 2 km to the peninsula
- Go to Butare.
- From Butare continue to Cyangugu through Nyungwe forest. About 10 km after Nyungwe forest you’ll go down a long escarpment and then come to a significant cemented intersection. You’ll turn right at the intersection. That road is paved all the way to Kibogora. After Kibogora it becomes a dirt road. Continue about 6 km on the dirt road and look for a sign on the left with Kumbya written on it.
- Turn left at the sign and drive out 2 km to the peninsula.